Monday, February 27, 2012

BEHIND THE SCENES: COTERIE 
3 full days of buying - also known as Heaven.

Day 1:
I love mixing opposite styles. I paired my badass spiked shoes with a pair of frilly socks, cutest combo ever.
(Top/ONE TEASPOON Shoes/JEFFREY CAMPBELL LITA SPIKE Socks/AMERICAN APPAREL Lips/NARS-DRAGON GIRL)

First Stop: BETSEY JOHNSON
I'm obsessed with this colored leopard peplum dress, classic Betsey.
I still have all of the Betsey dresses I bought at L'Avant Garbe. Her style is timeless! She has reinvented the brand by designing a new line with lower price points. All of the pieces are the most classic designs & prints from Betsey brought back and reworked for under $200.

This is my favorite dress from the new line, it retails for $138.

Our rep from UNIF, Aaron. 
This may be the coolest line out right now. It keeps getting better and better, I'm obsessed. The collection is top secret so no picture blogging allowed but I can assure you its CRAZY good.

 Carly ordering beautiful bags at POUR LA VICTOIRE.

I'm really excited to be carrying RONEN CHEN, a gorgeous line out of Israel. 

The perfect blend of cute & sexy at PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS.

Day 2: The 12 hour day.
After Coterie we visited our rep for Elm and the Lilith showroom.
(Top/WILDFOX COUTURE Shorts/MINKPINK Boots/JEFFREY CAMPBELL)

The highlight of Coterie (other than meeting the Jeffrey Campbell) was picking up the most amazing line out of Copenhagen, IVAN GRUNDAHL
I can't even explain how incredible I felt wearing this jacket. That is what KOUTURE is all about. 
Every single design is a work of art.

Beaver fur vest @ WINTER KATE.
I'm pretty sure these House of Harlow sunglasses were made for me. I cannot wait to wear these bad boys.

WILDFOX COUTURE:

The cutest dresses @ KEEPSAKE
(The dress on the right is pictured in beige but will be sold in black at KOUTURE.)
Australian lines are dominating the scene right now. Some of the hottest are Keepsake, Finders Keepers, Cameo, One Teaspoon, and Style Stalker. They will all be available at Kouture. 

"I need a tan"
The most asked question at Coterie:
"Are you two sisters?"
Maybe it was because we resemble each other or because everyone took notice to the connection we have working together. Sisters or not, we are the buying dream team
           
Day 3:
90's baby. 
(Top/MILLAU Shorts/MINKPINK Shoes/JEFFREY CAMPBELL STUDDED TARDY Lips/NICKI MINAJ FOR MAC)

We wrote denim orders at the PAIGE booth with Paige herself. 

Bringing in some FUNK from AG Denim.


My personal favorite: STYLE STALKER

Neon Flats @ YOSI SAMRA

Feather fun @ BLAQUE LABEL.
This navy feather collar can transform any basic dress into instant GLAM.

Acid wash jean jacket @ SOMEDAYS LOVIN'

2 for 1Reversible Denim. A genius idea by BLEULAB.

Carly and I ordered the best of the best from each line. We stuck with the classics and also picked up a few new brands along the way. In addition to ordering, we also set up numerous trunk shows. We've got something in the works for an opening event with our Jeffrey Campbell reps. KOUTURE is on fire!!

Now the real fun begins: totaling orders.

I hope these snippets bring some excitement to your Monday!
XO, Kiley Kouture


3 comments:

  1. hey kiley I was wondering if you had a bit of time could we chat about somethings , Love your blog by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I just saw this. So sorry.. If you still want to chat you can email me kiley@shopkouture.com

      Delete
  2. Love your pink hair!!

    Princesspinkglitter.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete